Agnitum’s Outpost Security Suite Pro effectively resists Conficker samples and gains another VB 100% – under Windows XP SP3
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, April 6, 2009 – Today, Internet security experts, Agnitum, announced results of the latest anti-virus tests carried out by VirusBulletin Magazine. Tests were conducted on Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 and 38 other personal anti-virus and security suite products running under Windows XP SP3. The VB100 award is an important indicator of competency in virus and spyware detection and timely updates – crucial factors in the battle to resist evolving malicious software. By achieving 100% for its anti-virus capabilities in these tests, once again, Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 clearly shows full compliance with today’s requirements for effective anti-virus protection.
VirusBulletin tests performed in March 2009 saw a number of methodology enhancements to reflect the demand for quicker, more consistent protection. In February 2009, the lab introduced RAP (reactive and proactive) tests that estimate products' antivirus capabilities against four sets of malware samples. The first three sets include malware discovered in each of the three weeks, before the deadline for product submission and are aimed at verifying the vendors' swift, antivirus reaction. Whereas, the fourth set helps gauge the level of products' proactive protection and staunchness against unknown threats by representing samples first seen in the week after product submission.
VB lab replenished its WildList collection and Trojan set, adding samples of the notorious Conficker worm to the list.
Facing these challenges, Outpost Security Suite proved its ever-growing reactive potential and solid proactive capabilities. Below,VirusBulletin experts comment on Outpost's looks and performance:
"Agnitum’s Outpost suite has performed fairly well in our tests over the past few years, and has proved popular with the test team with its simple, clear design and stable performance".
"Running through the tests proved unproblematic, and results were fairly decent … The WildList presented no problems for the product, and without any false positives in the clean set Agnitum achieves the first VB100 award of this month’s comparative."
While the test format implied that some significant defense mechanisms of the Agnitum's product, such as the firewall, host protection and self-protection would go unobserved, Outpost engineers pointed out that part of the success in antivirus testing was due to the new heuristic analyzer. An element of the anti-malware module, it provides intelligent and more rigorous scrutiny of auto-started objects, i.e. start-up entries, registry startups, services and drivers.
Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009, Agnitum’s all-in-one solution based on the award-winning Outpost Firewall Pro, offers:
- All-in-one anti-malware for comprehensive antivirus and antispyware defense with the improved SmartScan technology allowing malware scans up to 10 times faster
- A two-way firewall to safeguard connections and prevent data leakage
- Extended Host protection to protect against zero-day threats and anti-keylogger to avoid spying on the data entered through a keyboard
- Outpost’s heuristic analyzer that screens Windows start-up entries and analyzes critical system contents for the presence of suspicious modules
- Web control for safe surfing and blocking unwanted content
- IP Blocklist to blacklist specified Internet domains and restrict incoming and outgoing traffic from questionable sites
- Self-learning anti-spam that integrates directly into Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Vista Mail and The Bat!
- Authentic compatibility with 64-bit platforms, and much more.
The latest edition of Outpost Security Suite Pro is available for download at:
Founded in 1999, Agnitum Ltd. (www.agnitum.com) is committed to delivering and supporting high-quality, easy-to-use security software. The company’s products are stand-alone: Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost AntiVirus Pro, securing personal and family desktops; Outpost Network Security, ensuring reliable endpoint protection and performance for small business networks; and Outpost Security Suite — the all-in-one Internet security solution.
For more information, please contact: