Outpost Firewall is Softpedia’s Editor’s Pick
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, September 30, 2009: The security experts at Agnitum, developers of the Outpost Pro line of computer security products, are pleased to announce another win for Outpost Firewall (Pro and Free versions) — this time from Softpedia (www.softpedia.com), one of the world’s largest download portals.
Sofpedia’s Pick 5/5 was awarded to the new Outpost Firewall Pro 6.7 and Outpost Firewall Free, both of which garnered positive user feedback and a high number of downloads.
Softpedia is a portal that indexes and provides downloads for various games, hardware and software for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, and is ranked among the top 500 websites by Alexa. Softpedia also tests every software product for malware (viruses, adware or spyware) before making it available for download. All programs that certify virus-free and adware-free are given Softpedia’s "100% Clean" designation.
Outpost Firewall Pro 6.7, the penultimate iteration of Agnitum’s award-winning firewall, provides:
- Bidirectional firewall to resist hacker attacks
- Enhanced antispyware engine with new SmartScan technology for fast, spyware-free operation
- Heuristic analysis of critical system objects and registry
- Host protection with anti-keylogger functionality to proactively block unknown threats and suspicious activity
- Self-protection to avoid deactivation by malware
- Web control to keep surfing clean and hassle-free
- Self-learning antispam to keep inboxes free of spam and phishing attempts
- Compatibility with all popular versions of Windows, including Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server.
The latest version of Outpost Firewall Pro — 6.7.1 — is available for download from Agnitum’s website at http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/download.php
For more information, please contact: