Outpost Security Suite receives another VB100 and introduces daily engine updates to ensure continuous protection
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, April 14, 2010 — The Internet security experts at Agnitum are delighted to announce the results of the latest anti-virus tests carried out by Virus Bulletin magazine on Outpost Security Suite Pro 6.7.3.
In total, 60 personal anti-virus and security suite products running under Windows XP SP3 were tested, of which one third — 20 products — did not meet the required standard. Among the failing vendors were such well-known names as Microsoft, Frisk, Norman and Fortinet; among the problems encountered by these products were failure to detect complex polymorphic viruses and false alarms produced on clean files from major providers including Adobe, Microsoft, Google and Sun.
The VB 100 award is an important indicator of competency in virus and spyware detection and timely updates — crucial factors in the battle to resist evolving malicious software. In achieving the award for its anti-virus capabilities in these tests, Outpost Security Suite Pro 6.7.3 clearly shows once again that it is fully compliant with today’s requirements for effective anti-virus protection.
The architecture of Outpost Security Suite is designed to provide all-round security. In addition to the traditional signature-based approach to detecting viruses, spyware and adware, the product incorporates proactive behavioral protection that prevents zero-day threats and leakage of confidential data, delivering even greater protection that reflects real-world conditions.
Outpost Security Suite Pro 6.7.3 anti-virus components include:
- All-in-one anti-malware for comprehensive antivirus and antispyware defense in PC and mail
- Improved SmartScan 3 technology to make malware scans up to 10 times faster
- A two-way firewall and Extended Host protection
- Heuristic Analyzer for eXploits (HAX)
- All tools for controlling and safequarding Web surfing and blocking unwanted Web content (Web Control, IP Blocklist, Ads Block, URL Block and Active Content)
- Self-learning anti-spam that integrates directly into mail clients
The latest iterations of Outpost products also incorporate a new update mechanism. As a result of new automation processes, daily updates of Outpost installation packages deliver regular protection updates to Outpost’s malware and rules databases. The databases are embedded into the installation package and automatically downloaded from Agnitum’s website.
These scheduled updates save time and bandwidth for users without impacting protection:
- updates are delivered a minimum of three times a day on weekdays
- the antimalware engine is auto-updated through regular malware database updates — no separate product update is needed for users to benefit from the latest engine improvements
The next iteration of the Outpost security line, version 7, is now in public beta. Packed with new functionality, security and performance improvements and support for all popular Windows OS's, the beta software is available for download here. Existing versions may be downloaded from the Agnitum website’s product page.
For more information, please contact: