Agnitum announces the new security product line — Outpost 7
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, May 25, 2010: Agnitum announces the availability of the Outpost 7 product line. Packed with new functionality and incorporating comprehensive support for Microsoft Windows 7, the latest versions add another layer of preventive protection and enhanced security to address both online and offline risk factors.
Outpost Security Suite Pro 7 continues to provide Agnitum’s traditional signature-based anti-spyware and anti-virus, heuristic analysis, proactive protection, acclaimed personal firewall, ad- and malsite-blocking, and self-learning anti-spam.
Outpost Firewall Pro 7 and Outpost AntiVirus Pro 7 offer subsets of the suite’s functionality, focused respectively on protection against hacker attacks and malware protection.
Outpost solutions traditionally combine proactive and reactive security measures aimed at preventing infection before it tries to spread over and targeted approach to every registered virus, respectively.
Outpost 7 incorporates enhanced automatic protection of digital data. As with previous versions the new Outpost adheres to preemptive defense against both known and zero-day threats, which ensures virus-free environment for users of all levels. As for advanced users, they will like the ability to tweak and tune provided by the whole lot of new analysis tools and configuration opportunities.
The all-in-one Outpost Security Suite (OSS) Pro 7 adds:
- protection for cached login details and passwords, electronic wallet IDs, etc. stored by the browser, IM exchanges, and electronic payment processors — to resist personal data theft and zero-day threats
- protection against malware corruption for locally-stored digital valuables
- file and registry activity monitor — for deep analysis of ongoing events
- updated user interface and compatibility following the introduction of Windows 7
- new iteration of the heuristic module (HAX — heuristic analyzer X)
- restored "stop words" web filter which traces back to the earlier versions of Outpost.
Improvements to existing functionality include:
- enhanced scanning performance and usability
- extended anti-leak functionality
- the new auto-updated antimalware engine certified by VB100
- firewall tweaks: smooth transition to Windows Filtering Platform and decreased channel load.
Learn more feature details in What’s New pages.
The final versions of all three products are available for download at www.agnitum.com/products/.
System requirements and availability
For more information and to request review copies of Outpost 2010 products, please contact:
All three products will work best on a 450 MHz or faster CPU (x86-/x64-/multi-core) with 256Mb RAM and 50/150/200 Mb (for Firewall, Antivirus and Security Suite, respectively).
PR Manager, Agnitum Ltd.