Outpost Security Suite 7.0 receives yet another VB100 award
VirusBulletin cites Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0.1 for optimal performance under Windows Vista Business Edition Service Pack 2
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, August 18, 2010 — Many people and businesses have not yet transitioned from Windows Vista to Windows 7, so the Internet security experts at Agnitum are delighted to announce that Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0.1 passed both the reactive and proactive security tests required by Virus Bulletin to receive the coveted VB100 award for Windows Vista Business Edition SP2.
In total, 54 personal anti-virus and security suite products were tested. By achieving the award for both its reactive and proactive capabilities, Outpost Security Suite Pro clearly shows once again its dedication to providing users with comprehensive security on any Windows platform.
"We’re particularly pleased that Agnitum passed these tests once more with flying colors," commented Vitaly Yanko, Director for Sales and Marketing, Agnitum. "When big names like McAfee, CA, and BitDefender fail, as they did in these tests, it’s a reminder to users that smaller companies can provide big protection too."
The architecture of Outpost Security Suite is designed to provide all-round security. In addition to the traditional signature-based approach to detecting malware and other threats, the product incorporates proactive behavioral protection that protects against zero-day threats and prevents the leakage of confidential data, delivering protection that reflects real-world conditions.
The latest version of Outpost Security Suite extends its arsenal of protection with new defenses against identity theft and corruption of locally stored assets:
- protection for hidden login details and passwords stored by the browser, IM conversations, and electronic payment processors
- protection for locally-stored confidential data against corruption by malware
- file and registry activity monitor for deep analysis of local activity
- redesigned user interface with a Windows 7 look and feel
- overhauled heuristic analyzer
- return of the popular "stop words" list to prevent users inadvertently accessing malicious web content.
For further information about Outpost 7 and to download trial versions, please visit Agnitum’s website.
PR Manager, Agnitum Ltd.