November 1: End of support for Outpost Pro versions older than 7.0.3
Agnitum will no longer provide technical support or updates for all versions of Outpost Firewall Pro, Outpost Antivirus Pro, and Outpost Security Suite Pro older than v7.0.3.
Catering to numerous requests we shifted the migration deadline to November 1, 2010. Effective November 1, older Outpost versions will stop receiving updates.
We urge users with active license to upgrade their Outpost protection to version 7.0.3 (or the upcoming 7.0.4) free of charge and enjoy the benefits of the most up-to-date security. We have made this decision with your best interests in mind:
- Older Outpost versions use less sophisticated protection technologies, which makes them less able to reliably detect the latest wave of web-borne threats than Outpost 7.0.3 (or newer).
- Improvements in usability, additional security features, and flexible update options make Outpost 7.0.3 (or 7.0.4) more robust, reliable, and secure than earlier versions.
- Awarded the VirusBulletin VB100 certification and rated "Excellent" by Matousec.com Lab, Outpost 7 has clearly shown it’s a trustworthy solution to today’s security threats.
To learn more about Outpost 7, check out How Outpost 7 secures your PC.
We’ll do our best to make this transition as smooth as possible and minimize any inconvenience to you:
- Compatibility with older versions of Windows is not an issue; Outpost 7 solutions support all Windows platforms from 2000 SP4 onwards, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- If you have an active license for an earlier version, you can upgrade to the appropriate 7.0 product free of charge. Just download Outpost 7 and enter your current license key into the registration screen and you’re all set.
- If your existing license has expired, you can take advantage of a 40% to 50% discount off the regular price when you renew with Outpost 7!
Remember, after November 1st, 2010, users of older Outpost Pro versions will not receive update services, including antivirus, antispyware, ad and site blocking, firewall rules, and host protection module updates.
To ensure your protection stays current and up to date, check your product version number by placing the cursor on Outpost icon in the system tray (usually at the lower right corner of the screen). Full instructions for upgrade can be found at: http://www.agnitum.com/support/upgradeprotection.php
Unless your version number is 7.0.3 or higher, follow this link to download the latest version from our website and install it on top of the existing installation. Follow the wizard to complete the upgrade and enjoy your updated Internet security.
The migration deadline is November 1, 2010, but we strongly recommend you don’t wait until the last minute.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.