The ground-breaking performance-driven security from Agnitum is almost there — Outpost 7.5 enters Public Beta #2 phase
Outpost 7.5 Performance Edition further improves based first on public beta feedback and internal work-outs and is now available as Public Beta #2.
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, April 13, 2011: The security experts at Agnitum, developers of the Outpost Pro security product line, are pleased to announce another iteration of the Outpost 7.5 solutions — now available as Public Beta #2. The latest versions of Outpost Security Suite Pro, Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost Antivirus Pro reap the fruits of the 1st part of public beta program and extend configuration options for advanced users.
To recap, Outpost 7.5 raises the user’s expectations by reducing memory usage by up to 50 percent compared with older versions. The new Outpost also adds SmartDecision technology to facilitate decision-making on security events, enhanced protection for "copy" and "paste" operations, multi-scenario USB defense and full-fledged filtration for 3G broadband traffic.
As always, you’re welcome to check out Outpost 7.5 Public Beta #2 and share your impressions.
What’s new in Outpost 7.5 Public Beta #2?
New Auto-Learn and optional security alerts on trusted application activity
To provide more flexible decision-making for advanced users, Outpost 7.5 Public Beta #2 restores an option to suppress auto-learning mode ("allow all") even for digitally signed applications. Auto-learn applies for an the post-installation period in order to learn a typical user behavior and quietly estimate applications’ activity without extra program requests.
New! Interface and security tweaks have been made to add more manageability to auto-learning:
- "Enter auto-learning mode" option has been restored in system tray, installation settings (Expert type), program heading, etc. so the user is constantly aware of the current policy.
- The new learning mode builds on SmartDecision technology (see below).
- Outpost adds a "permanent" option (default settings in Simple mode) for auto-learning.
Thus Outpost 7.5 ensures a seamless switch from Simple mode (and Auto-Learn), to Expert mode and higher alertness. Moreover, if the user unintentionally opts for 1 week of auto-learning on Expert mode installation, it’s now easy to right the wrong and restore product alerts.
Allow Once / Block Once options restored
For more granular handling of system events, Outpost 7.5 restores the option to take one- time actions in the event of a security incident from the previous versions.
The More actions/Fewer actions option hides or shows extra buttons.
1. When is the More Actions button deactivated?
- If the user receives a program request, clicks "More actions" and chooses Allow Once. The connection is allowed and no rules are created.
- If the user receives a program request, clicks "More actions" and chooses Block Once. The connection is blocked and no rules are created.
- When the user receives a program request, then clicks "More actions", so the option remains active in all future prompts.
2. When is the Fewer Actions button deactivated?
- If the user receives a program request, clicks "Fewer actions", and the checkbox "Apply selected action for similar type of activity for this application" appears, the button remains disabled in all future prompt windows.
What’s new in Outpost 7.5 — major improvements
1. Emphasized performance to revolutionize the user experience
2. Boosted security to pinpoint sophisticated malware
3. Enhanced proactive protection to secure versus modern data leak techniques
4. Firewall protection for cutting-edge mobile broadband devices
Check out the Public Beta #2 versions of Outpost Pro 7.5 today and provide your feedback.
Founded in 1999, Agnitum Ltd. (www.agnitum.com) has been committed to delivering and supporting high-quality, easy to use security software for over a decade. Agnitum’s commercial solutions for the home market are Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost Antivirus Pro, securing personal and family desktops; and Outpost Security Suite — an all-in-one Internet security solution. Besides, Outpost Team offers Outpost Network Security, ensuring reliable endpoint protection and performance for SMB, and Outpost Antivirus Service — solid antivirus protection by subscription via ISPs. Dedicated to global e-security Agnitum also offers the free versions of Outpost Firewall and Outpost Security Suite to gratuitously safeguard its user network against all sorts of viruses and attacks online.
For more information and to request review copies of Outpost Pro 7.5, please contact: