Agnitum delivers release candidate of Outpost Security Suite Pro
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, 17 Apr. 2007 -- The firewall security experts at Agnitum today delivered the final pre-release version of the company’s Outpost Security Suite Pro, a comprehensive, pro-active security solution that combines the company’s acclaimed personal firewall, an innovative all-in-one anti-malware engine, intelligent spam filter, and integral host protection into a single product.
Users may download the software at no charge from Agnitum’s web site, http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/rc.php. The release candidate requires Windows XP Home or XP Professional.
New additions to this version from the previous beta include several significant changes:
- Hidden cache becomes optional. During its initial system scans, the suite has always created hidden files that index files and folders. If a file changes, or if the malware database is updated, during future scans, the suite may be configured to scan only the changed files. Files that remain unchanged are not rescanned, which speeds scans and improves performance. In the release-candidate this function may be disabled. However, caching is strongly recommended for faster malware scanning.
- A new option that enables users to configure scans for when file access is attempted, as well as on execution.
The forthcoming suite builds on Agnitum’s Outpost Firewall Pro, an award-winning personal firewall that protects more than a million users worldwide. Over the years, Outpost Firewall Pro has added anti-spyware, ID theft protection, and leak prevention, as well as the community-based ImproveNet service, which provides users with access to rulesets for optimal configuration that are submitted by users and tested and approved by Agnitum security experts. To deliver total Internet security, Agnitum has now added anti-virus and spam filtering capabilities.
According to Mikhail Penkovsky, global vice-president for Marketing and Sales at Agnitum: “Outpost Security Suite Pro is not just another ho-hum security suite. Our broad-based proactive protection, built around one of the world’s most advanced personal firewalls, delivers efficient, low-impact protection for users at all levels of experience.”
Key user benefits of this integrated, comprehensive approach to security include:
- Proactive protection. Prevention is better than after-the-fact cures. Outpost’s inter-application behavior monitoring maximizes the likelihood that malware and other threats will be stopped before they can get onto the PC and activate. The unique host protection detects and stops unauthorized activity, preventing new attacks and blocking threats at the earliest possible stage.
- Integrated anti-malware. Instead of overloading the system with multiple scanning engines, Outpost’s anti-malware module combines anti-spyware and anti-virus in the same process to deliver low-impact, high-speed, easy-to-use scanning. The anti-virus element is a redesigned and enhanced implementation of technology licensed from VirusBuster, a Hungarian anti-virus developer that consistently achieves 100 percent certifications from Virus Bulletin.
- Self-protection. Outpost Security Suite Pro detects if any application is attempting to interfere with its own operations. This prevents protection from being deactivated or otherwise disabled by malware.
- Usability. Robust security doesn’t need to mean complexity of operation. Outpost’s flexible interface offers a wealth of options for advanced users to configure, but the out-of-the-box settings provide extraordinary, automated protection for a range of users, no matter how technically proficient.
Founded in 1999, Agnitum Ltd. (www.agnitum.com) is committed to delivering and supporting high-quality, easy to use security software. The company’s products are Outpost Firewall Pro, securing personal and family desktops; Outpost Network Security, ensuring reliable endpoint protection and performance for small business networks; and Spam Terrier, a free anti-spam tool that plugs into Outlook and Outlook Express. The company is Europe’s leading developer of firewall technology, which it licenses to companies as diverse as Novell, Sophos, Lavasoft, Bullguard and CAT.
For more information, please, contact:
Technopolis Communications Inc.