Agnitum Directions (December, 2007)
- Christmas Special: A holiday gift from Agnitum for OFP and OSS 2008 users
- Awards: Outpost Security Suite Pro 2008 gains VirusBulletin 100% certification
- Security Horoscope: Check out what your Zodiac sign says about your security attitudes!
- Special offer: 1 license = 3 installations!
As the holidays are approaching, we’ve being thinking about special gifts for you, our valued customers. The first and most important is latest updates for Outpost Security Suite Pro and Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 with new and improved functionality. In confirmation of the strength of our latest offerings, in addition to the recent Matousec 100% leaktest award, OSS was certified by VirusBulletin (VB 100%) award for antimalware. Our security horoscopes are a little bit of fun for the holiday season, and of course there is our regular special offer section on the final page. All this and more in your December Directions!
As always, we appreciate your feedback, so please use our web mail form or blog to send us your comments and opinions!
A holiday gift for OFP and OSS 2008 users
We are happy to announce the availability of the “Christmas editions” of our Vista-compatible products. The latest versions are the culmination of a series of significant improvements in technology and GUI, and eliminate compatibility issues with third-party solutions.
Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 offers the following improvements:
- Network activity and proactive protection. - Now you can manually group connections for certain applications and terminate defined connections.
- Attack detection. — Eliminating false positives when you visit some web sites.
- Web control for Vista. — Content distortion of certain web sites’ removed.
- Log Viewer. — Improved usability- (viewing, export, clearing, saving the viewer’s records and configuration.
Outpost Security Suite includes all the above improvements, plus:
- Antivirus+Antispyware. — Reduced resource consumption and time; ability to repair infected software that registers as an LSP or requires a reboot; restoring of files from quarantine if the resource folder is missing.
- Removal of single alerts in auto-learn mode
- Corrected procedure for new configuration settings when installing OSS 2008 over OSS 2007.
- Installation file size reduced to 30 Mb.
You can find more detailed information about the improvements in OSS and OFP on the web-site.
Outpost Security Suite Pro 2008 earns Virus Bulletin 100% certification
We’re delighted by the results of the latest anti-virus tests carried out by Virus Bulletin magazine on Outpost Security Suite 2008 and 32 other personal anti-virus and security suite products running under Windows 2000. The VB 100 award is an important indicator of effectiveness in virus and spyware detection and timely updates – crucial factors in the battle to protect users against evolving malicious software. By achieving 100% for its anti-virus capabilities in these tests, Outpost Security Suite Pro clearly shows that it is fully compliant with today’s requirements for high quality anti-virus protection.
According to Virus Bulletin, “the product looked good and proved pleasant to work with, offering a wide range of modules which sadly went unexplored. With good detection across the test sets and no false positives generated in the clean sets, Agnitum earns a VB100 award”.
The VB100 award comes hot on the heels of another 100% award - on November 2, 2007 Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 scored 100 % in the Matousec Transparent Security (www.matousec.com) leak tests, beating out more than 40 competitors.
What does your Zodiac sign say about your e-security habits?
Have you ever thought that your web-surfing habits and attitude to Internet security might be related to your Zodiac sign? Everyone is different and so is their behavior. But we believe there is a pattern that reflects the characteristics of various Zodiac signs. Of course, you shouldn’t take this Agnitum astrology too seriously – after all, we specialize in predicting threats, not behaviors - but we’re sure you’ll have fun figuring out where your security strengths and weaknesses should lie!
Click your sign and check out the related characteristics and warnings!
You can browse all twelve on our general Horoscope page!
1 license = 3 installations!
For the next month, Agnitum is extending the capacity of one-year licenses for both Outpost Security Suite Pro and Outpost Firewall Pro 2008. For as little as $49.95 and $39.95 respectively, for the period December 20, 2007 to January 20, 2008 you can protect three PCs for a full year!
Click here for more details on how to take advantage of this time-limited offer.
We wish all of you happy holidays and the best for the New Year! 2007 has been a tough but fruitful year for us as we focused all our efforts on delivering the best firewall and all-round internet security to you. We appreciate the confidence Matousec and Virus Bulletin, as well as all our partners, have shown in our products and trust that Outpost Security Suite Pro together with Outpost Firewall Pro will remain your major security products for 2008.
The best of luck, happiness, stability and safety to you and yours – in every area of your life.
With season’s greetings,
Your Agnitum team