Why Outpost AntiSpyware?
As the challenge of spyware becomes more personal and more real, the time is right for an integrated solution that not only provides a reactive solution by cleaning an already-infected computer, but also proactively prevents spyware from getting onto the computer in the first place. Outpost Firewall Pro 3.0 blocks spyware at every possible stage of infection, combining proactive and reactive technologies to provide comprehensive protection against hacker attacks, spyware infection and other security risks.
“Rather than create additional products and force users to spend more to get the protection they need, we have chosen to increase the effectiveness of the protection we provide”, says Mikhail Penkovsky, Vice President of Global Sales & Marketing at Agnitum. “Our goal is satisfied customers, not chasing a trend or making a fast buck from the latest hot topic. With Outpost 3.0, users get solid spyware protection plus a powerful and easy-to-use firewall in one cost-effective package.”
Outpost AntiSpyware capabilities
Outpost Anti-Spyware proactively monitors active programs for known spyware traces, controls internal attributes of the operating system, prevents program tampering, and prevents spyware from activating. The on-demand scanner lets users run custom or recommended spyware scans of fixed and removable disks, USBs and other storage devices, and is updated automatically at user-definable intervals. Additionally, Outpost’s unique ID block lets users protect specific items of confidential information such as tax identification, bank account numbers, passwords, or insurance policy details; once defined, this information is locked into the computer and cannot be transferred through email, web forms or IM chat sessions. The Active Content and Attachment Quarantine options close off the most common attack vectors used by spyware.
Stronger firewall functionality, more help for users
In addition to the new anti-spyware capability, Outpost 3.0’s base firewall has been substantially reinforced and ease of use significantly improved:
- Smart Advisor prevents common security breaches by helping users correctly configure firewall rules, program interdependencies and Internet access permissions. It also displays hints in real time and advises users on the best course of action if an unknown program tries to do something new.
- Attack Detection proactively defends against zero-day attacks and helps plug existing vulnerabilities in Windows.
- Smart Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) filtering protects users from fake requests to initiate communication and shields wireless networks (WiFi LANs) against unauthorized connections.
- Exclusive Anti-Sniffer Protection protects data transmission – including chat sessions and their related password entries, names, addresses, etc - against interception by specialized sniffing programs, including encrypted files.
- ARP Scan Enumeration protection shields the user’s local network from massively propagating viruses that use mass host enumeration to hop from one computer to another, infecting them as they go.
- Anti-IP Spoofing protects computers against attacks that disrupt or disable Internet communications and other network access.
Pricing and availability
Outpost Firewall Pro 3.0 is available September 26, 2005, and the price remains the same as previous versions at $39.95, with subsequent-year subscription renewals at $19.95. Existing registered users of Outpost Firewall Pro can upgrade free of charge as part of their maintenance subscription program.
Agnitum will continue its well-established competitive upgrade policy, extending eligible competing software products to include anti-spyware software. Users of competing software personal firewalls or anti-spyware products can upgrade to Outpost Firewall Pro 3.0 for $25.95; users trading in both a personal firewall and an anti-spyware product, or a complete Internet protection suite, can switch to Outpost 3.0 for just $19.95.
For additional information about Outpost Firewall Pro 3.0 and licensing options, please visit http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/.
About Outpost Firewall Pro
Outpost Firewall Pro provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration by denying unauthorized access to remote hackers and protecting against data theft, denial-of-service attacks, privacy violation, Trojan horses, spyware and other malicious code. First published in 2002, Outpost Firewall Pro has won awards around the world for its ease of use and powerful protection.