Agnitum’s Outpost Security Suite Pro discovers its 64-bit architecture in VB 100% tests - under Windows Vista x64
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA, December 3, 2008 – Internet security experts Agnitum announced today the results of the latest anti-virus tests carried out by Virus Bulletin magazine on Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 and 23 other personal anti-virus and security suite products running under Windows Vista x64. The VB 100 award is an important indicator of competency in virus and spyware detection and timely updates – crucial factors in the battle to resist evolving malicious software. By achieving 100% for its anti-virus capabilities in these tests, Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 clearly shows once again that it is fully compliant with today’s requirements for effective anti-virus protection.
According to Virus Bulletin’s findings related to the product, "The interface is simple and clear, with ample controls and fine-tuning available, and everything seemed to run smoothly with no jerks or lags".
"Achieving the VB 100 requirements without difficulty Agnitum takes the first award of the month its second VB100 in a row."
It should be noted that Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 is one of very few solutions on the market to offer "native" support of 64-bit platforms and has been specifically designed to comply with both 32- and 64-bit systems. The time-proven architecture of Outpost Security Suite provides all-round security – in addition to detecting viruses, spyware and adware by signatures, the product incorporates proactive protection that prevents zero-day threats and leakage of confidential data, which - as VirusBulletin testers remarked – stands for even greater protection in real-time conditions.
Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009, Agnitum’s all-in-one solution based on the award-winning Outpost Firewall Pro, offers:
- All-in-one anti-malware for comprehensive antivirus and antispyware defense with the improved SmartScan technology which makes malware scans up to 10 times faster
- A two-way firewall to safeguard connections and prevent data leakage
- Extended Host protection to protect against zero-day threats and anti-keylogger to avoid spying on the data entered through a keyboard
- Web control for safe surfing and blocking unwanted content
- IP Blocklist to blacklist specified Internet domains and restrict incoming and outgoing traffic from sites with bad reputations
- Self-learning anti-spam that integrates directly into Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Vista Mail and The Bat!
- "Native" support of 64-bit platforms, and much more.
The new iteration of Agnitum’s all-in-one solutions and standalone products is expected at the turn of 2008/2009 and will be granted a special notification.
The latest edition of Outpost Security Suite Pro is available for download at http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/download.php.
Founded in 1999, Agnitum Ltd. (www.agnitum.com) is committed to delivering and supporting high-quality, easy to use security software. The company’s products are standalone Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost AntiVirus Pro, securing personal and family desktops; Outpost Network Security, ensuring reliable endpoint protection and performance for small business networks; and Outpost Security Suite — an all-in-one Internet security solution.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: + 7-812-336-52-46, ext. 113