Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009
Outpost Security Suite Free
Outpost Security Suite Pro 8.0
Outpost Firewall Pro 2009
Outpost Firewall Pro 8.0
Outpost Network Security 2.0
Outpost Antivirus Pro 2009
When updating, Outpost connects to the Agnitum update server and downloads all necessary data. However, sometimes connection attempts may fail.
Error 101 usually appears if Outpost cannot automatically detect a user's proxy server, even if you specified to auto detect proxy settings.
(This error should not occur if you specify the proxy settings manually.) It is also possible that the proxy server is not accepting the user's login
and password when downloading updates.
To eliminate this error you need to restart Agnitum Client Security Service through an administrator's account on your computer (so it has the
necessary privileges to make the following changes):
- Connect to the system as Administrator or any Admin user.
- Temporarily disable Outpost's self-protection by right clicking its system tray icon and selecting Disable Self-Protection.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Find and right click Agnitum Client Security Service, select Properties > Log on.
- Select This Account and click Browse.
- In the newly displayed dialog box click Advanced, then Find now. In the bottom of the box you will see a list of users registered for this computer.
- Select the name of the account you connected to the system as and click OK twice.
- In the Agnitum Client Security Service dialog box you will see the name of the selected account opposite This Account option. Type in the password for this
account and click Apply > OK.
- Restart the service by right clicking it and selecting Restart.
- Enable the product's self-protection and try to update Outpost once more.
If the above failed to solve the problem, please contact our
technical support team.