View products that this article applies to.
Outpost Firewall 1.0
Outpost Firewall 2.0
Outpost Firewall 2.1
Outpost Firewall 2.5
Outpost Firewall 2.6
Outpost Firewall 2.7
Outpost Firewall 3.0
Outpost Firewall 3.5
Outpost Firewall 3.51
Outpost Firewall 4.0
Outpost Firewall Free
Outpost Security Suite 2007
Outpost Antivirus Pro
Outpost Antivirus Pro 2009
Outpost Antivirus Pro 7.0 - 7.6
Outpost Antivirus Pro 8.0
Outpost Antivirus Pro 8.1
Outpost Antivirus Pro 8.1.1
Outpost Antivirus Pro 8.1.2
Outpost Antivirus Pro 9.0
Outpost Antivirus Pro 9.1
Outpost Firewall Pro
Outpost Firewall Pro 8.1
Outpost Firewall Pro 8.0
Outpost Firewall Pro 2008
Outpost Firewall Pro 2009
Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0 - 7.6
Outpost Firewall Pro 8.1.1
Outpost Firewall Pro 8.1.2
Outpost Firewall Pro 9.0
Outpost Firewall Pro 9.1
Outpost Security Suite Pro
Outpost Security Suite Pro 8.0
Outpost Security Suite Pro 8.1
Outpost Security Suite Pro 2007
Outpost Security Suite Pro 2008
Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009
Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0 - 7.6
Outpost Security Suite Pro 8.1.1
Outpost Security Suite Pro 8.1.2
Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.0
Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.1
Outpost Security Suite Free
Examples of most common problems concerning updates:
- Malware database update fails with an error.
- Malware database update goes successfully, however the malware database is still out-of-date.
The reasons of such program behaviour can be different. Please, make sure that you use the latest version of Outpost. You can download the latest version from
We recommend you to install the latest version of Outpost. We constantly develop the program, and most of the issues reported by our users are fixed in the newest version of our program. Installing the latest version excludes the problems which are already fixed.
If upgrading the version does not fix the problem, please, follow the instruction bellow:
- Open the product main window and click Settings - Advanced settings on the toolbar.
- Select the Logs page and select the Enable logging check box.
- Under Troubleshooting select the Log debugging information check box and specify the logging level 2.
- Click OK.
- Reproduce the problem by performing the same steps you did earlier that resulted in the error message or condition.
- Immediately after the problem is reproduced, right-click the product system tray icon, and select Save and archive log-files.
After you click it, the Feedback directory will be opened. By default, the directory on Windows XP English version is the following:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Agnitum\Security Suite\Feedback\, for Windows Vista and newer: C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\Agnitum\Security Suite\Feedback\. The directory on Windows in other languages may be different.
- Create one archive file with the following three files: feedback.zip, configuration.conf and machine.ini (the last two files are stored in the product installation folder, C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost by default).
Note: If you cannot find the specified files, probably, you have the 'hide extensions for known file types' option selected. To change this option, click Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View and clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, turning on Show hidden and system files option.
- To proceed to the feedback report, click this link:
- Fill in the form and attach the file: [your archive file].zip, then Send it.
Your report will be seen by our technical support center and actions will be taken to eliminate the problem with updates.
For those who use Outpost Security Suite 2007 and Outpost Firewall 4 and earlier versions of Outpost: